Saturday, September 20, 2008

I know there is like I think 20 minutes more to midnight.

But I'm kinda feeling sleepy.

I've never told any of my friends, even the closest what happened between us that we ended up as we are now.

We started out almost 2 years ago as very normal friends, then it started as two friends sharing each other sorrows in relationship to us, being listeners to each other then, it started as 2 very best friends and as for me, a 'girlfriend' which I never had.

We spent loads of time with each other, shopping together, drink coffee together and even talking on the phone till the wee hours. He would come over to my place to send me my supper, which was my Roti John from Simpang Bedok and I would wait for him outside his camp, which was at Seletar so that we could eat at Jalan Kayu for supper too. I remember I waited 2 hours outside his camp. I even accompanied him on the phone when he was left alone in the forest for his training. He also ended as a pillar of strength for my previous almost-broken relationship at that point of time. And mind you, the guy from the previous relationship was his very good friend.

Then, after all that has been done, the emotions of feelings and confusion between us appeared. We started missing each other, going out more and caring for each other more. Between both of us, none wanted to share our inner feelings for almost a month or two, until...

I opened up a conversation on the topic of.. US..

We spend almost 3 hours discussing on what we should do, should we continue meeting each other because in our opinions, we were too much into our emotions. And instead of thinking of our feelings, we thought about others. Our best friends. You see, if you don't know, my ex-boyfriend is his good friend, and his ex-girlfriend is my best friend. None of us wanted to lose our best friends. We even considered taking steps backs, and not frontal steps.

But after much consideration, US happened on that very day.

I always thought to myself that US would never last long because I always thought Azri and me were just made each other. And my previous relationships always ended a month or two before I go back to Azri. I mean, it had happened twice and we lasted for 5 years. So, it was a mindset that I have.

That's why, if you had not realised, I don't talk about him much for the first 2 months.

But somehow, sometime, I was made to believe that this one was not a pit stop for me. He was someone meaningful to me. Someone whom I need to be near with. Someone I could probably love and care about.

I mean, I've always asked myself, what love was.

But in this one, if kissing me on the forehead or the nose, saying I love you on the phone could give me goosebumps or flutters through my stomach, If you call it love. Yes, maybe I am in love.

Someone enlighten me please!

Anyhow, anyways, US ended up together and hopefully for long days, months, years to come..

And knowing me, I have never bothered with months, just the years..

But just this once, I am proud to be here, during this month, this date, saying..


HAPPY 4th MONTHS, Sayang..

Thank you for being there for me.