Thursday, September 20, 2007

It has been almost a week yar since i actually log on and type stuff in here!!

After 3 days of working and staying back in school until 6 to finish up my work, I am in serious fatigue!

I was actually the first teacher to cabut after school ended!

I didnt even bother to sign out, I just grab my bag, my marking papers and zoomed out of the school quickly. I wasn't even planning to stay behind.

No no, not today!!

Just heck that teachers' sharing session! I'm tired enough!

Now, I can feel the kestressan of a teacher's life. And, the thing is, I am only holding half of the workload!

I wonder, how I will cope next year, being solo! No mentor, no help, just all on my own!

Monday, I had lessons from 7.30am to 1.30, with only half an hour of break. 11 teachers were absent, so basically, all teachers had to do relief!! And since my Monday timetable was so not hectic, I get all the relief, mostly! At 2pm, I had remedial!! Mathematics, with my comedic-wannabes! Until 3.30 pm, but due to some behaviourial problems, I released them at 3.45pm.

My lesson observation went ermmm... ok, I wasn't that perfect!! I had many to improve, my lesson plan was not well done (I didnt have a master copy ok!), my comedian-wannabes was very comedic that my class management points was cut off!

My day doesnt end there! I had netball practice, with my girls at 3.30pm but eventually, I was late! Luckily, my girls did all their warm up first while waiting for me. It was netball playing for an hour and half, until 5pm.

When you think it ends there, hahaha, you are wrong! I still had to mark my papers, print out this and that, photocopy this and that! *smacks forehead*

Until eventually around 6pm, I had Azri picked me up from school and off to Geylang for our buka puasa.

Tuesday was another busy day. I had my 3 periods with all my 3 classes, which seems very, very draggy!

After which I was doing my lesson preparation and planning, and finding teachers and settling all admin stuff, my Maths room exploring. And guess what?? I went home at 4pm.. By that time, I was... Bleak!! Mentally stressed out!

Yesterday was more of a torture!!

Lesson observation was pretty ok! I was so mentally, physically and emotionally prepared that I skipped two periods of English. (I had someone took over my class actually..)

After which, I had CT. It was soooooooooo draggy and long!! We started at 1.30pm, with the SmartBoard workshop, the it was the Learning centre, and by 4.30pm, it hasn't even ended. But we left earlier, for gamelan practice. I heard CT ended almost at 5pm.

And yes, Gamelan!! We ended practice almost at 6pm. So I was basically tired out after that. I went home, I still had to prepare those lessons, do some sourcing around, tesselate here and there. Haiz.

And mind you, Next week will be an addition. The rehearsals and my high school musical practice plus another observation. Can I cry now??

But as consolation, as least today and tomorrow, I will not be busy. In fact I had 3 hrs of free periods just now.

Just an hour of relief, and mind you, the Primary 3-s are very cute! I came in to class, basically half of them were crying.

Why??

They failed their English test! My favourite boy, Chacha, was crying for the first time. I took a while to console him.

How??

"Chacha.. don't cry ok. Try harder for your exams. Nari chacha puase kan?? Kalo nangis batal tau puase. Nanti kene ganti puase."

"Chacha tak nak ganti puasa..." *wipes tears and smile weakly*

That boy, I know, very cute!!!

Things children do, which tickles me and adore them more...