Thursday, January 01, 2009

Monday

We had that official couple's date after a reallyreallyreally long time!

Konon-kononnye, we wanted to catch that SRK's movie, Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi.

But we were late by 10 minutes so we had lunch at Sofra, that Turkish Restaurant.

Kebabs, fish kebabs, and that last touch of dessert, chocolate pudding with marshmallows completed that experience perfectly.

Wooh!!

We walked the way to Suntec City, which was just next door for some shopping at Levis and Dockers warehouse sale which he stole a really cheap bargain on a pretty little sweater and I stole jewellery bargains at Diva's $6 sale!

Phwee-weet!

We took the train to Mustafa to find my bags and other accessories.

Then, I realised I wasn't feeling Mustafa-ish that day but I was craving for Sakunthala's briyani and butter chicken plus naan.

Okay, about Sakunthala.

Being a reallyreallyreally regular customer there, their Fish Curry is great and their butter chicken plus their cheese naan, are the beesst!!












New Year's Eve

We spent the afternoon getting lost in Clementi because I wanted to pick my dresses up.

Ohohoh!! I forgot!

Did I tell you I bought these 2 dresses from Malaysia for just

*jengjengjeng*

$24!!

Yesyes i did!!

So we pick the dresses up at Tradehub21 at Jurong.

And was I just so excited!!

The couple and the 2 sisters also spent the night picnic-ing at the Esplanade just to catch the big, explosive fireworks, which was worth rushing through the crowd after that.

We had to walk one big round just to reach Suntec City carpark.

Were we so glad when we saw that Swift after all that walking!

Hahah!!







New Year's Day


We started the day late at 4pm as we were still recovering from yesterday's event.

We settled for a really early dinner at Jalan Kayu's MadJack!

That place held soooo many memories for us.

( Tempat kenangan la katakan. *Ehem-ehem* )

Calamari rings and lots of great main courses for us.

Punggol End for kononnye tengok sunset but, but I had a really BIG nature's call in which I headed for home.

Kallang Leisure Park after home and we settled for that beautiful nice bridge there.

That bridge has been "chopped" as our next target for the fireworks for National Day this year.

Heehee!!

He then drove all the way to Changi for just cheese buns and Teh tarik.

Then now, I am at home, having an early night for a new day tomorrow.












People have been talking about how they felt beginning a new year ahead.

To begin with, 2008 had been a bitter and sweet year for me.

The bitter part was, I had failed to save a relationship of 5 years with my first love. Maybe looking back, what we did, going separate ways was a good decision as we are happy with the life we are leading now.

The sweet part, I had a most wonderful time entering NIE as a trainee teacher and making new friends plus I am taking up the challenge to study all over again. My family has been very healthy, alhamdullillah, and our financial crisis, with my mum and dad raising 5 kids with their meagre salary, was lessened since I am working and helping support the family. And of course, how can I forget, I got together with my newly-found 1 year-old best friend, Muhd Muntazir? The experience of changing the ways we handled our ties from friends to girlfriendandboyfriend. It was amazing and heartwarming to see both of us making an effort, taking this step together.

And of course, All year round, it was happy, happy, happy!!

I feel that this new year holds new challenges, new life and new changes ahead. I am hoping that this year, 2009 will be the year filled with happiness and laughter and manymanymany good things coming our way.

With the plans already made, I am now looking forward to the first thing on my list, Kuala Lumpur on CNY!! Plusplusplus, my first ever plane flight there!! Weewee!!!